Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stillwater School in Arlington, Washington



One of our group of guests coming up in February won a (nearly) free stay at the beach house through a charity auction for the new Stillwater School in Arlington, Washington. I found the director of the school on Craigslist.org, where she posted a request for prize donations.




I didn't have any connection with Arlington or this school, but I thought I would give it a try as a bit of guerilla marketing. I offered a free off-season weekend or half price on a three day summer reservation. Everybody at the auction had a chance to see my brochure. Perhaps I'll get some summer reservations out of it. The prize winner added an extra day to their visit, so I made a bit of money that way.



They don't have much of a website yet, but you can track the progress of the school here:




No comments: